Virtual Tours via Zoom – must register for each tour
All tours begin at 5 p.m.
Public Invited to Live, Behind-the-Scenes Tours of Pacific Northwest National Laboratory –
For the first time ever, PNNL is opening its doors and inviting the public to free, live, virtual tours of numerous labs on its Richland campus. Researchers from across PNNL will be your hosts as you discover the spaces and instruments behind our science and impact. Learn about nuclear explosion monitoring, the science and hardware behind machine learning and artificial intelligence, our work in nuclear energy and environmental management, and so much more. Visit the Glass Lab at our Applied Process Engineering Laboratory, get a behind-the-scenes look at grid operations in our Electricity Infrastructure Operations Center, and get a look at one of five nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometers in the Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory.
All tours are one-hour and accessible via Zoom. During the tour, you are encouraged to submit questions to your hosts (researchers at PNNL) via Zoom’s chat function. The tours are open to all ages.
List of Tours:
– Detecting Nuclear Explosions: PNNL’s Role in Making the World Safer – July 28
– Supercomputers: Solving Big Science Problems – Aug. 4
– Developing Efficient Solutions for the Nation’s Nuclear Waste – Aug. 11
– The Invisible Catalysts in Your Life: How Playing with Atoms is Key to a Better Tomorrow – Aug. 18
– Cloudy with a Chance of Particles – Aug. 25
– More Power to You: Charging Ahead with Better Energy Storage and a Smarter Grid – Sept. 1
– PNNL and National Security: 20 Years of Mission Impact – Sept. 8
– SynBio Capabilities at PNNL – Sept. 15
Tour Information & Zoom Registration: https://www.pnnl.gov/community-tours
© 2021 All Rights Reserved – Attribution