Here are some events taking place around the Tri-Cities WA region during the month of August 2023:
– National Night Out – August 1, 2023
– Tri-City Dust Devils Minor League Baseball Games – August 1-6 & 22-27, 2023
– Thunder on the Island Summer Concerts – August 2, 9 & 16, 2023
– Live @ 5 – August 3, 2023
– Columbia Basin Badger Club presents HIROSHIMA: Resilience and Peace – August 10, 2023
– Pasco’s Music and Movies in the Park – August 11, 2023
– LIGO Hanford Observatory Public Tour – August 12, 2023
– Garden Education Series Class: Growing Perfect Peonies – August 12, 2023
– Presentation – Gale Metcalf: My Interviews with the Stars – August 17, 2023
– Fairchild Cinema’s Free Summer Movies – Wednesday & Thursday through August 17, 2023
– Mid-Columbia Ballet: 8th annual Garden Party – August 19, 2023
– Benton Franklin Fair & Rodeo – August 22-26, 2023
– 3rd Annual Celebration of Community, Diversity & Culture! – August 26, 2023
– TriCities Family Fun
– Tri-City VIBE (local live music, food and drink)
– Guide to Tri-Cities Washington Website
National Night Out – August 1, 2023
National Night Out is a community drug and crime prevention event in the United States that is mostly held the first Tuesday of August. The goal of this event is to connect people with their community members. National Night Out is being held in the Tri-Cities and beyond.
Richland’s National Night Out will take place at the Fingernail Stage in Howard Amon Park from 5 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Kennewick’s National Night Out will take place at Southridge Sports and Events Complex from 5 p..m. – 7:30 p.m.
West Richland’s National Night Out will take place at Flat Top Park from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Info: https://www.facebook.com/westrichlandchamber (look for the post on July 17)
Tri-City Dust Devils Minor League Baseball Games – August 1-6 & 22-27, 2023
GESA Stadium in Pasco
General admission tickets are available for $11 and can be purchased online or at the box office.
The Tri-City Dust Devils are a professional minor league baseball team that is located in Pasco. The Dust Devils play their home games at Gesa Stadium.
Tri-City Dust Devils vs Eugene Emeralds – August 1-6 @ 7:05 p.m.
Tri-City Dust Devils vs Everett AquaSox– August 22-27 @ 7:05 p.m.
Info & tickets: https://www.milb.com/tri-city-dust-devils/
Thunder on the Island Summer Concerts – August 2, 9 & 16, 2023
Clover Island Inn in Kennewick
Wednesday evenings from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Family Friendly event | Free Admission
Get ready for the best lineup of bands & live music Wednesday evenings all summer through August 16.
Live @ 5 – August 3, 2023
John Dam Plaza, 815 George Washington Way in Richland
Every Thursday from 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. through August 3
Free family fun
Can’t wait to see you all out at John Dam Plaza and see all these amazing bands on the HAPO Live at 5 Stage! Bring your lawn chairs or blankets; let’s fill the lawn and ROCK the plaza! There will be food trucks, a kids zone, and a 21+ beer and wine garden.
Columbia Basin Badger Club presents HIROSHIMA: Resilience and Peace – August 10, 2023
Virtual online via Zoom
From 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
Cost: $5 for non members – must register
Inspired by a mother from Hiroshima, Ray Matsumiya has devoted his professional career to unofficial diplomacy, cross-cultural exchange, and peacebuilding. Over the past 22 years, Ray has supervised, implemented, and secured funding for over 50 programs on a variety of topics including peace building, negotiation, and conflict resolution, 21st century work skills, and civic engagement.
These programs, implemented in seven countries, have included over 2500 educators, civil society leaders and others who have gone on to impact hundreds of thousands of people in their home communities. Ray’s programs have been endorsed by former Secretary of State John Kerry and praised by senior US State Department officials “to be among the best planned, managed and most effective public diplomacy efforts overseen by the Department.”
Ray Matsumiya will speak to the Badger Club LIVE from Tokyo.
Info & Registration: https://cbbc.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=0&club_id=392306
Pasco’s Music and Movies in the Park – August 11, 2023
Volunteer Park, 1125 N. 4th Ave. in Pasco
Free to attend
Grab the blankets, lawn chairs and your snacks and bring the entire family to Volunteer Park in Pasco for Music & Movies In The Park. This Free event is back by popular demand.
Music & Movie schedule is as follows:
August 11 – Music: TBA, Movie: Vivo (rated PG)
LIGO Hanford Observatory Public Tour – August 12, 2023
LIGO Hanford Observatory, 127124 N Route 10 in Richland
Free to attend – must register for a time slot
LIGO Hanford Observatory is pleased to announce that it has resumed its “Second Saturday” free public tours. During your visit you will have a chance to explore many interactive and static exhibits now housed in LHO’s new LIGO Exploration Center (LExC). Tours include a one-hour walking tour of the site, time inside the new LIGO Exploration Center (LExC), and a talk by a staff member. LIGO tours are suitable for all ages. The talks are appropriate for visitors aged 12 and up, but all ages are welcome. Multiple tour times are availabe for your convenience, please choose the time slot that works best for you when reserving your ticket.
– All LHO visitors over the age of 18 will be required to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination (physical card or photo of card). We define “fully vaccinated” as at least two shots of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, OR one shot of Johnson & Johnson.
– Masking may be required on the day of your tour. Bring a mask, just in case. Visitors must adhere to LHO’s masking policy on the day of the tour.
– Registration is now required.
– Tours depart from the new LIGO Exploration Center (LExC). Please park first in LExC’s parking lot/overflow lot.
Info & registration: https://www.ligo.caltech.edu/WA/page/lho-public-tours
About LIGO: https://www.ligo.caltech.edu/WA
Garden Education Series Class: Growing Perfect Peonies – August 12, 2023
Waterfall Classroom at the Demonstration Garden, 1620 S. Union in Kennewick
From 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Free to attend
Join our WSU Master Gardener volunteers to learn the procedures for peony propagation.
Presentation – Gale Metcalf: My Interviews with the Stars – August 17, 2023
East Benton County History Museum, 205 Keewaydin Dr. in Kennewick
Starts at 7 p.m.
Free to attend
Gale was a police beat reporter in Las Vegas and a reporter for the Tri-City Herald for over 30 years. Come and hear some of Gale’s best yarns from his best celebrity interviews, including Johnny Cash, Jerry Reed and more.
Fairchild Cinema’s Free Summer Movies – Wednesday & Thursday through August 17, 2023
Fairchild Cinema in Pasco
Every Wednesday and Thursday through August 17.
Doors open at 9 a.m., movies start every 10 minutes, last movie starts at 10 a.m.
The wait is over! We have finally completed the line-up for our Free Summer Movie Series. We will be showing free movies every Wednesday and Thursday at our Pasco theater through August 17th.
Note: no strollers and outside food & drink are allowed.
Info: https://www.fairchildcinemas.com/showtimes_32831/tickets_32831.htm and https://www.facebook.com/FairchildCinemasSouthgate
Mid-Columbia Ballet: 8th annual Garden Party – August 19, 2023
REACH Museum, 1943 Columbia Park Trail in Richland
Starts at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets: $75 per person – must be 21+ to attend
Join us for our 8th annual Donor Celebration, The Garden Party, held this year on August 19th, 7:30 p.m., at the REACH Museum. The evening is marked by small bites, a variety of beverages including local wine, and dance vignettes.
This is a perfect time for donors to make their annual gifts as well as introduce new friends to the Ballet. All proceeds benefit the performance and outreach programs of Mid-Columbia Ballet, Southeastern Washington’s premier performing dance company.
Info & tickets: https://midcolumbiaballet.org/events.html or by calling 509-946-5417
Benton Franklin Fair & Rodeo – August 22-26, 2023
Benton-Franklin Fairgrounds, 1500 S. Oak St. in Kennewick
All the fair favorites are back, from elephant ears and funnel cakes to rides, animals, live entertainment, and the rodeo. Note: the Grand Parade is Saturday, August. 19 at 10:00 a.m. in Downtown Kennewick and the Demolition Derby is August 19 at the fairgrounds (no fair admission required).
– Fair hours: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Tuesday-Friday and 10 a.m. to midnight on Saturday
– Tickets: $13 for adults if purchased before August 21 and $15 if purchased after, tickets for kids age 6 to 12, seniors age 65 and older, and military service members are $5, children 5 and younger are admitted for free
– Parking at the fairgrounds is $12 each day
– Kids Day is on Wednesday and kids (6-12) are admitted for $2
– Ben Franklin Transit is offering fair shuttles. Fair/bus combination tickets are $13 for adults and $5 for kids and seniors. Ben Franklin Transit shuttles run from 9 a.m. to at least 11:30 p.m.
– Davis Carnival hours are noon to 11 p.m. Tuesday-Friday and noon to midnight on Saturday. All-day carnival wristbands are $40.
– Rodeo 7:00 p.m. Aug. 22-26, Lithia Ram Rodeo Arena , $10 & $20 Reserved (does not include Fair Admission), General Admission Free (with Fair Admission)
Fair tickets are available online and at the fair office.
Info & Tickets: https://www.bentonfranklinfair.com/
3rd Annual Celebration of Community, Diversity & Culture! – August 26, 2023
Bandshell area at Columbia Park in Kennewick
From 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
This Free event is for the entire family!
The Tri-Cities Diversity & Inclusion Council will be hosting our 3rd annual Celebration of Community, Diversity & Culture!
This community celebration is intended to highlight the beauty in diversity, create cultural awareness, and promote True community! And we all know, Nothing brings people together like food and music! We plan to have diverse cultures represented through food, entertainment, music, art, poetry, vendors/merchants, and much more!
We will be asking that all participating food vendors provide affordable food options for purchase. There will be a beer and wine garden where adults 21 and over can purchase and enjoy beer by Sage Brewing Company and wine by Frichette Winery.
We will have picnic style seating, so don’t forget your lawn chairs and blankets!
TriCities Family Fun
For family friendly events in and around the Tri Cities, visit https://tricitiesfamilyfun.wixsite.com/familyfunwa.
For a list of nightlife music events around the Tri-Cities including happy hours, food, beer & wine, visit Tri-City VIBE!
Info: http://tricityvibe.com and https://www.facebook.com/vibetricities
Guide to Tri-Cities Washington Website
For activities to do around the Tri-Cities region including Farmers’ Markets, Outdoor Recreation, Wineries, Breweries, Performing Arts & Music, Social Clubs & Groups and more, visit the Guide to Tri-Cities Washington website: https://tri-citiesguide.org. This guide has been described as “An Under-the-Hood Guide to Community Culture including Clubs, Annual Events, and Awesome Organizations.”
© 2023 All Rights Reserved – Attribution